Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October update



At last things are beginning to settle down to 'normal' - whatever that is these days. My OPEN STUDIO went very well. I had more 100 visitors stop by to see my Studio. And some even purchased photos from me. :-) My only minor complaint was with the very hot sunny weather we had. My Studio faces south and the sun gets pretty hot when it shines into our yard. Here in Morro Bay we are more prepared for cool and foggy days. I plan to participate again next year and I'll inform you when it comes around.

I have some other good news. Two of my images (shown above) were selected to appear in NANPA's (North American Nature Photographers Assn) 2011 publication "EXPRESSIONS". It is a juried competition and more than 3000 images were submitted. My 'The WAY WEST' photo made it into tier II (the top 100 images) and 'COLOR FALL' is in tier III (the top 250 images). It is a prestigious competition and I feel honored to have my images selected.

I have also submitted images to the San Luis Obispo County NEW TIMES contest. I'm still waiting to hear if I am a winner. If I am, I'll be sure to post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment