Sunday, August 19, 2012

Coastal blessings

 BLESSING
MISTY WAVES

Last Friday I went with group of fellow photographers for an evening shoot on the bluffs of Montana de Oro State Park. It was my first time joining this MEETUP event hosted by LIGHT Workshops of Los Osos. When we arrived the sky was gray and ominous looking. I took the opportunity to try out my 10 stop vari neutral density filter to make some very long exposures. This creates an ethereal dreamy look to the waves breaking on the rocks. At the end of the evening I started to walk back slowly along the bluffs. I noticed a slight break in the clouds right above the horizon. I set up my tripod and waited to see what would happen. I am sure glad I did. For a brief 2 minutes or so the sun peeked out below the clouds and above the sea. Red gold light illuminated the wavetops and the rocks below. I was blessed. When I look at this image now, I can experience that moment again - the sound of the surf - the color of the light - the feeling of the sea air as it touches my face - and the exhilaration of the moment. I am grateful for it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment