Thursday, December 2, 2010

I have a December Gift.

I love Monarch butterflies and when we decided to plant some Milkweed - the Monarch host plant - in our backyard, I didn't have much confidence that we would have Monarchs coming to our yard. But I was surprised and thrilled when I saw Monarchs fluttering around our Milkweed during the last warm spell. And I am overjoyed to share with you a first photo of one of the 'baby' Monarchs we have on our milkweed. I encourage each of you to think about planting some Milkweed. Monarch habitat is being destroyed by development and you can help save our beautiful Monarchs by planting Milkweed in your yard too.  The variety of Milkweed we planted is - Asclepias Curassivica. It is a Costa Rican variety. Don did some research ahead of time and found that this variety would do well in our Central Coast area.
Please spread the word. The more people planting Milkweed for the Monarchs the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment